The Impact of Potential Risk Factors of Cardiovascular Diseases among Patients of Different Age Groups

Nexhbedin Beadini, Sheqibe Beadini, Albina Ademi, Gazmend Iseni, Hesat Aliu


The aim of this research is to investigate the influence of risk parameters for acute coronary syndrome present in the population of Tetovo and the surrounding area, with particular emphasis on the impact of diabetes mellitus type 2, dyslipidemia, obesity and malnutrition. In this prospective clinical and observational research, 106 patients were analyzed, 61 males and 45 females, with an average age 65.8 years, hospitalized in the Clinical Hospital in Tetovo in 2010. Each patient underwent Clinical-laboratory examinations: history and clinical status, electrocardiogram, determining the catalytic activity of enzymes CPK, CK-MB, Troponin I and Troponin T and T, determination of serum glucose concentration, determination of cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL and total lipids, and determination of BMI (body mass index). Of 106 patients screened, only 29% have normal glychemia, while the remaining, i.e., 71%, were diabetics. 47% of the screened patients have normal values ??of serum cholesterol, while 53% suffer from hipercholesterolemia. 48.5% of the screened patients are with normal values ??in serum triglycerides, while 51.5% suffer from hipertrigliceridemia. Only 2.5% of the screened patients have normal values ??of serum HDL, whereas 44.3% have HDL values with lower than 0.9 mmol / L (ie, that these patients have high risk for the appearance of cardiovascular diseases). Of the total number of the scanned patients, 27% are concidered to have normal nutrition, while the rest suffer from obesity of various scales. Promoting health is a duty for the whole society, particularly for doctors, by orienting the population’s way of living and nutrition, to avoid a sedantery way of life, to maintain glucose and lipids within referent values in order to prevent this form of acute coronary syndrome.

Keywords: Diabetes mellitus type 2, dislypidemies, obesity, acute coronary syndrome.

Full Text: PDF
Download the IISTE publication guideline!

To list your conference here. Please contact the administrator of this platform.

Paper submission email:

ISSN (Paper)2224-3186 ISSN (Online)2225-0921

Please add our address "" into your email contact list.

This journal follows ISO 9001 management standard and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Copyright ©