Analysis of the National Strategy Implementation on Kenya’s Global Competitiveness: A Case of Trade, Tourism and Investment Strategies

Daniel Kanchori, Grace Karemu, Veronese Marie Josee, Bichanga Walter Okibo


The study had the main objective of analyzing the national strategy implementation effect on Kenya’s global competitiveness: A case of trade, tourism & investment strategies. The target population was public institutions and the foreign missions. The respondents were staff both in management and non-management levels involved in implementation of strategy areas to be evaluated. The data type collected for the study was primary data. The research instrument used for primary data collection was a semi structured questionnaire that had both open ended and closed questions. The two predictor variable are said to be correlated if their coefficient of correlations is greater than 0.5. The correlation matrix also indicated high correlation between the response and predictor variables, that is, Product strategy with the highest correlation followed by International market strategy, Investment strategy and Strategic review respectively. The analysis in table shows that the coefficient of determination (the percentage variation in the dependent variable being explained by the changes in the independent variables) R2 equals 0.843, that is, Strategic review, International market strategy, Product strategy, Investment strategy  explain 84.3 percent of Kenya's global competitiveness leaving only 15.7 percent unexplained. The P- value of 0.000 (Less than 0.05) implies that the model of Kenya's global competitiveness is significant at the 5 percent significance. All the independent variables were also linearly related with the dependent variable thus a model of four predictor variables could be used to rate Kenya's global competitiveness. The study found out that there exist a significant relationship between Strategic review, International market strategy, Product strategy, Investment strategy and Kenya's global competitiveness.

Full Text: PDF
Download the IISTE publication guideline!

To list your conference here. Please contact the administrator of this platform.

Paper submission email:

ISSN (Paper)2222-1905 ISSN (Online)2222-2839

Please add our address "" into your email contact list.

This journal follows ISO 9001 management standard and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Copyright ©